Programming and operating of the 3D printing process
Announcement of the Minister of Digitalisation of 3 December 2018 on the inclusion of the market qualification “Programming and operation of 3D printing process” in the Integrated Qualification System (Monitor Polski of 17.12.2018, item 1220). Qualification code in the IQS: 12644.
What can a person with this qualification do?
Holder of a certificate in programming and operation of the 3D printing process:
- is ready to act independently in the application of 3D printing technology to produce physical objects from supplied computer models;
- characterises the technologies and machines used in 3D printing processes, on the basis of the provided 3D CAD computer model;
- prepares the process of printing an object;
- uses 2D and 3D technical documentation of the object;selects the parameters of the 3D printing process;
- prepares the 3D printer to carry out the process in accordance with the selected technology;
- determines the potential impact of environmental conditions, random events and faults of the object printer;
- starts the printer, monitors the course of the printing process and takes steps to finalise the process;
- performs all operations in accordance with the principles of occupational health and safety;
Who is the qualification addressed to?
The qualification is primarily addressed to those:
- who are interested in acquiring or updating their skills in programming and operating the 3D printing process;
- who wish to confirm their qualifications in the use of 3D printing technology;
- who are involved in the design process in the broadest sense of the word and wish to acquire competence in 3D printing, thereby broadening their range of qualifications.
Where can You find employment?
The qualification holder may find employment:
- in companies involved in the manufacture of physical objects using 3D printing technologies;
- in positions related to the use of 3D printing machines, primarily in production and maintenance departments in manufacturing companies, in industries such as aviation, railway, automotive, medical, yachting, production packaging, among others;
- can work for small batch and individualised production, e.g. in modern prosthetics workshops or in prototyping.
Number of hours of workshops
Duration of theoretical exam (min.)
Duration of practical test (min.)