Announcement of the Minister of Infrastructure and Construction of 7 July 2017 on the inclusion of the market qualification ‘Joinery installation’ in the Integrated Qualification System (Monitor Polski of 19 July 2017, item 704). Qualification code in the IQS: 12464.
What can a person with this qualification do?
Holder of a certificate in joinery installation:
- uses the basic concepts of joinery installation correctly;
- knows and understands the basic issues related to the properties and parameters of joinery;
- has knowledge of windows and patio doors, knows the principles of installation and is able to carry them out;
- has knowledge of roof windows, knows the principles of installation and is able to carry it out;
- has knowledge of internal and external doors, knows the rules of installation and can follow them;
- has knowledge of gates and grilles, knows the principles of installation and is able to carry them out;
- has knowledge of sun visors;
- knows the rules of installation and can follow them;
- knows the principles of health and safety and is able to apply them to the installation of joinery.
Who is the qualification addressed to?
The qualification is primarily addressed to those:
- representatives of the construction industry who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the specialised field of joinery;
- people with specific training in the construction industry (graduates of building trade schools, technical colleges and universities);
- people who are involved in carpentry installation and want to confirm their qualifications in this area;
- people who want to retrain and start working in the carpentry trade.
Where can You find employment?
The holder of the qualification may find employment:
- in assembly teams in a joinery company;
- in a company that carries out construction and assembly work;
- in a craftsman’s workshop engaged in renovation and construction work;
- may be self-employed in this field. A person with a confirmed qualification after training at joinery manufacturers may obtain an industry-specific confirmation of qualification for installation in a specific product group.
An assembler with relevant work experience can act as a foreman, head of a group of assemblers and then as a master.
Number of hours of workshops
Duration of theoretical exam (min.)
Duration of practical test (hours)